computer repair school

flyingryan

Beta member
Hi, I am back in college after taking a few years off and i was looking into going for computers. I took a cisco networking course that i did not really like so now im looking towards computer repair. I took a programming concepts course which i got an A in so im decent in that but I was mostly wondering about computer repair, how is it as far as schooling? And how is it to do for a career?

i c i c, is it a fun course? How close is it to networking cuz i hated that crap! Is it more hands on? Do the instructors teach it more thoroughly?

Its nothing to do with networking, that would be the n+ exam, i done my a+ by self study so i dont know anything about classes.

The A+ certification, no offense, is a joke. It is an entry level examination that really isn't suited for any actual computer repair. Studying for and passing the A+ exam will not prepare you for accurately repairing hardware and hardware-software integration problems.

You might want to check out the MCDST certification, (Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician). Microsoft says it focuses on Hardware and Software problems, but it primarily focuses with software problems. Simply because there is so much more that can go wrong with software.

Ive done the MCDST and it doesnt deal with hardware at all, the A+ might be a joke to you but its probably the only cert that goes into any sort of detail regarding hardware, and its not vendor specific.

Learn from home. Most of us on computerforums are self taught. You learn by being hands on with computers. Just get some old comps and take em apart.

Back
Top Bottom