Computer repair question

Right, let's address something right now...

If the problem is just the screen, or ANY hardware not related to the hard drive, then the data is quite happily still sitting there. Any IT technician with half a brain knows that to fix a screen issue you don't reinstall the operating system or delete files from the hard drive...

Will the laptop turn on when you click the power button? Does the fan come on? Any lights? If they do, then check the screen from lots of different angles, can you see any sort of image on the screen? (it will be very dark if anything) This sounds like it could be a backlight issue to me.

Can you plug the laptop into an external monitor? If the laptop display works on an external monitor then this indicates that it's a problem with the screen or screen cable. In order to get it to work on an external screen you may need to click the "Fn" button and one of the F keys (F1, F2 etc) at the top of the keyboard.

Right, let's address something right now...

If the problem is just the screen, or ANY hardware not related to the hard drive, then the data is quite happily still sitting there. Any IT technician with half a brain knows that to fix a screen issue you don't reinstall the operating system or delete files from the hard drive...

Will the laptop turn on when you click the power button? Does the fan come on? Any lights? If they do, then check the screen from lots of different angles, can you see any sort of image on the screen? (it will be very dark if anything) This sounds like it could be a backlight issue to me.

Can you plug the laptop into an external monitor? If the laptop display works on an external monitor then this indicates that it's a problem with the screen or screen cable. In order to get it to work on an external screen you may need to click the "Fn" button and one of the F keys (F1, F2 etc) at the top of the keyboard.

Good luck with asking that question. Why do you think it's the screen. I will agree that if it is the screen then plugging an external monitor in will allow the OP to back his files up. But it would seem that he hasn't been backing his personal files up and, from what the OP has said, he wouldn't know how to anyway. It certainly doesn't sound like a screen issue to me to be honest but then diagnosing anything over the internet is at best hit and miss.

If the screen suddenly went really bright it could indcate some sort of failure in the backlight circuitry, worth a punt. I've seen failures like it before.

What do you think the issue is?

If the screen suddenly went really bright it could indcate some sort of failure in the backlight circuitry, worth a punt. I've seen failures like it before.

What do you think the issue is?
Dunno to be honest. It could be any number of things. I"m not saying your wrong but I don't think the OP would be able to do any of those things from what he has said. I think it will have to go to a tech and if it is the hard drive then the OP will, more than likely, lose his files. That's why I was banging on about backing up.

Back
Top Bottom