Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 11-05-2012, 12:45 PM   #1
Beta Member
Default Computer rebooting issue

About a year ago my PC that I built started to get blue screens and then random reboots. This had a ASUS AMD AM3 motherboard with integrated graphics (no card needed). 3 months ago I decided to switch motherboards after frustration with blue screens, reboots, and countless hours with phone support not working out. So I bought a ASrock board with a AM3+ and transferred all hardware to new board. I also had to purchase a separate video card as well. Thought that this would solve my PC issues but again the PC will randomly reboot or if I am playing games or video it will sometimes reboot. After speaking with more techs they said to replace the power supply so I did but it still reboots. I also gave my video card a stress test which pass with flying colors. I also had a tech look at the errors in a windows 7 screen that I never seen before and nothing really noticeable was there. So now I am thinking its my CPU but all the techs I have spoken with doubt that's the issue.

Anyone have suggestions what to try. I can't spend much money on a repair tech so rather do it myself.

mettec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:44 PM   #2
Daemon Poster
Default Re: Computer rebooting issue

I also doubt it's the CPU, but the memory is definitely suspect. Test a stick at a time with memtest86+, or if you have a set of memory of known quality, and functionality, replace the current memory with it, and see what happens.
HAF 932 Advanced / Corsair AX1200 / Asus Rampage IV Extreme / i7-3930K / H100 Cooling 4x120mm
16GB Corsair DDR3 / GTX 580x2 SLI + GTX 460 PhysX / SSDs Mushkin 240GB, Crucial 256GB, Crucial 512GB
Hameister is offline   Reply With Quote