Computer randomly restarts itself

is it just shutting down or are you getting a Blue error screen first?

Did you do the thermal paste and fit the cooler correctly?

Hold on a bit here guys.. Before you take your Pc apart... IF YOU HAVE AUTOUPDATES FOR ANYTHING WHATSOEVER THEY SOMETIMES RESTART UR PC WITHOUT TELLING YOU. Also, What ver of windows do you have, Win 7 or 8? With win 8, the PC will restart without telling you sometimes after updates. Another thing is that if you have auto Defragmenting setup, it might also be set up to shut off or restart the Pc after each defragment. So check these things first.. :)

My CPU is 34 Celsius and my GPU is 34 Celsius ( Just IDL temps ). No there is no blue screen it just shuts down completely and then it restarts itself. Yes i just used the stock cooler for the cpu. I have windows 7. Computer works fine with everything else. When my computer turns back on it comes up with the message unexpected shut down

Sorry for the late reply, Thanks!

Sounds like it might be a bad power supply. That would be the first thing to test. Do you have a spare around?

Could be the neighbors having a feast.

No really, if it happens with games only, it could be the power supply not meeting your video card's power requirements.

Say, what kinda RAM are you using? Mixing any different brands?

Back
Top Bottom