Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 02-24-2007, 03:08 AM   #1
Fully Optimized

Default computer randomly restarts...

For some reason my computer at the moment will randomly restart while playing WoW, at first i thought it could be my graphics card overheating but after running 3dmark06 i figured that cant be it because it should have easily reached the highest temperature its going to get to. It cant be my cpu either since i can run prime95 without any problems and i just put a huge heatsink on it. So now im thinking it could be my ram since its been getting to around 40C, is it possible for ram to overheat?

Old 02-24-2007, 04:23 AM   #2
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Raffaz Send a message via MSN to Raffaz Send a message via Yahoo to Raffaz
Default Re: computer randomly restarts...

Has this started since you put the heatsink in? Have you installed it properly and used thermal compound etc?

Raffaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 05:01 AM   #3
Fully Optimized

Default Re: computer randomly restarts...

Yes i used thermal compound and the temperatures have gone down quite a bit from what they were before, i also had a problem with the voltages being wrong which i fixed so i dont think its a stability issue, the only thing i notice being weird is the ram temperature. Ive seen the ram temperature get over 41C which ive never seen before, it also could be the chipset temperature but i dont know a good program that would tell me that since the one that came with this motherboard is the worst ive seen from asus.