generic 500watt PSU
DELL 19" 190FP LCD SCREEN Connected VIA DVI
ViewSonic 15" LCD SCREEN Connected VIA VGA

okay here is my prob

Computer is randomly turning off
just shuts off no questions ask!

heres what happends
i go to bed and shut the computer off normally
i come home from work around 6pm turn on the computer it gets to the loading windows xp screen and just shuts off (ONLY DOES THIS ON OCCASION NOT ALL THE TIME)

When i play COD 4 it will do it sometimes not all the time
when i had it on the highest screen setting 1280 x (forgot) it would load the map and then shut off

When i have it on 1024 x 768 i can play sometimes all night sometimes 20mins before it will shut off

i used to have 2 gigs in there but the setup was this
corsair XMS PC3200 1gb (2x512mb) 400mhz (dual channel setup)
Kingston Value memory PC2700 333mhz (2x512mb) (dual Channel setup)
I took the kingston Memory out to use the 400mhz Corsair

I AM ASSUMING ITS THE POWER SUPPLY (but we all know what happends when we assume!) but i am looking for another voice in this to confirm or guide me in another direction.

Let me know!
Vince

I'd definitely download "Core Temp" and monitor the temps of your CPU and your video card. Have you overclocked at all? IMO it seems like it shuts off when you're USUALLY doing graphic-intensive work. Monitor temperatures and try to update your BIOS/video card drivers.

Then let us know if it helped. :)

I'd definitely download "Core Temp" and monitor the temps of your CPU and your video card. Have you overclocked at all? IMO it seems like it shuts off when you're USUALLY doing graphic-intensive work. Monitor temperatures and try to update your BIOS/video card drivers.

Then let us know if it helped. :)

humm there is an Bios update for the motherboard

do you know where i could find one for the Video Card??

Thanks!

vince

PC Wizard 20068 is generally one of the best programs for monitoring your system so download that so we can eliminate some of the possiblities.

download ntune from nvidia. have you been over clocking at all?

it comes factory overclocked

i would have to doowload Ntune and check that out

mabe if anyone had teamspeak or the other one i could setup a server on my end and talk about it (if anyone wants to)

500watt is enough in my opinion. Its not a heat problem, heat problems don't occur within a couple of seconds of booting up. And if it was then the computer would worsen as the computer stayed on, and not just intermittently fail at loadup.

Perhaps corrupt boot partition? I don't have a lot experience with this kind of problem; so maybe someone else who has had experience recognizing and repairing these kind of problems could offer some input.

Back
Top Bottom