Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 03-06-2005, 11:22 PM   #1
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to winterfreshpwnz Send a message via MSN to winterfreshpwnz
Default Computer problems again...

OK I doubt anyone will be able to help me here, but uh here it goes.

It started about a week ago when I was playing CS: Source, and it suddenly froze, I figured at first it might just be lag, but it kept happening, sometimes not back to back, sometimes it would be like 5 minute durations between each freeze. It doesn't always happen when I play, sometimes I'll play and it won't happen at all, sometimes I'll play and it'll do it non-stop. I realized it has nothing to do with the game or my connection because my comp also on rare occasions restarts randomly (only happened like 3 times though since the freezing) and a few of the times when I restarted my comp after freezing in source and stuff, that microsoft error report message thing came up. I decide to send the report and then it brings me to a page telling me what supposedly is the problem. They think it's my graphics card drivers and that the problem error was called (don't remember exact name) bunchofnumbers.thread_stuck_in_driver_.blahblahbla h, something to that extent. So I re-install the drivers (which are the 6693 drivers or whatever) and the problem is still happening. I even installed new beta drivers, I think called 7590, and it still happened, then I downloaded 6.39 drivers for my motherboard, and it's still happening. I'm hoping to god right now it's not a defective card, which I highly doubt since it didn't do any of this the first like month I had my computer (only had it for like 2-3 months). I really don't know what else there is to say in terms of details, but uh yeah. If anyone has even a small idea as to how to solve this then please post it or if you need more detail in a certain area I'll try and explain it as best I can. Thanks.

Old 03-07-2005, 01:42 AM   #2
In Runtime

Default Re: Computer problems again...

Did you un-install the driver first before re-installing it?
Second the Mobo could be bad do a google search you will read other poeple having problems in reguard to your mobo and video car issue.

sho95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 02:04 AM   #3
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to winterfreshpwnz Send a message via MSN to winterfreshpwnz

Yeah I uninstalled the drivers. I don't want it to be a defective card, but I REALLY don't want a bad mobo cuz then I'd have to pretty much rebuild the whole thing.
Old 03-07-2005, 06:58 PM   #4
Fully Optimized

uh bump
Old 03-12-2005, 07:06 PM   #5
Fully Optimized

Did a system restore to about a week earlier and it stopped for awhile, but is now coming back although not as bad I suppose. My comp rarely restarts randomly, but often will go black for a second and then reappear to the original screen. I get freezing occasionally in Source, but not a lot. I got new drivers for my vid card and that didn't help. My temps have gone up a lot recently from like 33 average on the mobo and 42 on the cpu, to like 40 tops on the mobo and 48 on the cpu. I doubt that's the problem, but it could be something. Also, how the hell do I run memtest? I downloaded, but it's a .iso and I have no idea how to use it.