Computer problems...

gollun56

In Runtime
Hey guys , I'm new here but I need some help with my computer its an emachine s2482. Ok first off I upgraded it with 1 gig of ram and a geforce fx 5200(bad Idea I know) when I use it on games the monitor goes black but the computer is still running. I've looked at a few people with the same cards have this problem so I'm probably going to upgrade to an xfx geforce6800xt 512mb memory and a 500 watt power supply . I'm just wondering if you think this would be a good idea and if it would help my gaming , or If I need to do something else alltogether...(Besides buy a new computer I cannot do that :( )

Just in case The games I play : World of Wacraft , Everquest , and City of Villains...

Yeah that should do you well, but im not a gpu expert, but I heard the 6800s are nice...But just wait for someone else, they will let you know, if that the best bang for the buck, or not..

Ok thanks , I will probably be ordering this in about a week.( So stop me if its a stupid idea :p )

I have an anthlon xp 2400 + ( Which I plan on upgrading too) and I can spend roughly 200$ on an agp card . I don't have a PCI-E slot. So I will probably need help with picking out a new proccesor too , Thanks guys.

if you plan on upgrading your processor.. i would just get a new motherboard while you're at it and invest in a pci-e card like the 7600gt, which is under the 200 dollar limit. chances are if you upgrade your processor, it won't be the same socket as the one you are using right now. i'm also pretty sure any 200 dollars agp card would bottleneck on that processor.

Can you guys show me what I should get on newegg? :p I'm really not sure what I'm doing now I probably dont need to spend more than 500 if possible if not I can try and work something out . By the way what is bottlenecking? And would it be bad enough where I couldn't even play WoW ( I don't play just incredibly extreme graphic games..)

bottlenecking is where one thing is holding back the true performance of another.

Ok thanks , but with that setup would it still be able to run some games (WoW) until I could either 1. Upgrade the rest of it or 2. Break down and just buy a new computer.?

Back
Top Bottom