computer problems

xam853

Beta member
I have a computer that is about 2 years old and is full of spyware and other problems that make it very hard to use and many programs such as AIM do not even work any more. I have tried almost every spyware program that I could find including Adaware and Spybot. Also I have tried reloading Windows on numerous ocassions but with no succes. I cant think of what else to do. Please help.

-Matt

Try loading Windows in safe mode and running scans from there.

Also, if by reloading Windows you mean reinstalling Windows, then I'm guessing that you didn't format the drive first. Try reinstalling Windows again, but format the drive first. This will erase ALL DATA.

How fast is your computer?
I would suggest format and reinstall windows originally
But you can do some windows maintanence, get a virus scanner (AVG is a good one), adware/spyware remover (ad aware and spyboy s&d) and finally get windows antispyware, which has a built in firewall as a bounus if you don't already have one
You can download all of those from download.com and microsoft homepage, but make sure you update and download all definitions before you start scanning
Next you should get ccleaner, which i use because its probably the best .tmp file cleaner, as well as a registry cleaner, you can download this at ccleaner.com
Also, since your computer is old, type in 'msconfig' in run and then take off all startup programs except firewalls and other programs such as objectdock, etc
Next, defragment it, which helps alot
Hope that helps lol :D

Back
Top Bottom