computer problem thing again -_-

firespikez

Baseband Member
I started my computer about 10 minutes ago and nothing was happening on the screen. then I pressed like 10 sec. on my power button for it to shut down. I knew something was wrong so I pressed it again without ANY results. then I looked if anything was wrong and stuff. everything LOOKS fine. I don't think its a psu problem cause my mobo led is on.

specs: intel pentium d 3.00 ghz (dual core)
mobo: p5l-mx mobo
screen: a veeery old screen like compaq presario or something...still works
normal mouse and stuff. mothing important I guess
but my psu is a not known company... tho its name is cool power
12+a
35(something should go here)
I did not have any viruses recently. and it wont start anymore. any help? plz?

Are you saying when you turn on the tower the drive fires up but the monitor doesn't come on but the monitor lights on?

no... thats when I first turned it on. now it just doesnt do anything. xD
and both the monitor and mobo leds are on

Switch it off at the mains and leave it for 10mins, then try again, see if it gets to the post screen or xp screen.

is the mains on the back of the computer like the little on off switch?
EDIT: when I turned it off on the psu, my speakers did a kinda thud noise... and it was reapeating for about 30 sec... kinda wierd ; like if someone was keepin turning it off and on.
i dunnow if this was usefull

It may very well be the power supply, I remember last summer, coming home from a week of vacation and finding that my computer was posting anything, LED lights were still on and everything fans whirred up, thought it was the HDD at first, but then realized that if it was the HDD the mobo would still post, finally found out it was the PSU (I knew I shouldn't have bought that one).

can you shut it down?, if yes shut it down then switch it off at the wall socket, If it wont shut down, try the reset button on the front of the tower. if it resets then wait to see if it boots to post, if it does but with errors let us know what it says, if it just goes blank and the monitor does not come on and the drive does not fire up properly but just hangs then switch your PC off at the wall socket and then take the side panel off and check your graphics card is situated correctly , check your ram is OK, look for any dust around the heat sinc, if there is take the CPU FAN off and clean between the panels carefully with a fine brush, clean all the jumpers and blow out the tower, put the side panel back on and switch back on at the mains wall socket, wait 20 seconds then turn on your PC.

there IS dust on the heat sink. and the computer is already off. I can't start it. I mean nothing. absolutely nothing is happening when I turn it on. I'll try cleaning it for now...

Nothing as in No power to the monitor or drive, totally dead? Hmmm, that would suggest the PSU, you could try resetting the CMOS or change the CMOS battery if its still not working then you may have a fried MB, CPU I don't know what else it could be.

I just hope its not one of these 0_o I mean the cmo's battery is only 5 bucks but my psu is worth 100 $ and is almost brand new. I used it only 2 or 3 months. usually it takes like a year or to to break down... that makes me think.. I got the psu that came with the tower. I could try it and see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom