Computer Problem(i think)

DannyBoy1

Daemon Poster
WEll i had this thing to install and i was told by a mate to update my BIOS so did an now normally when it starts up it make a loud noise like a fan blowing at full blast and then goes well this noise doesnt start straight away but once loaded starts and carries on and its really loud and annoying i was just wondering if there was an explanation coz its really loud and i cant just sit and play coz its blasting by me lol.
Thanks

well can you tell if it is a fan?
if it is a fan then you might want to change it.
it may be faulty, but updating your bios should not make you p.c more noisy lol.
woz

Thank il check in a min and actually The Power dont you think people have there own lives, with there own games and there names. How the hell did i know

EDIT: MInutes later..... yes i watched the fan in boot and it started stoppe d fast and then when slow like normally then speeded up its like the big square fan on the board kinda came with the pc.

well what might have happend is if you have a thermal regualtor on the fan voltage on the motherbaord updating the bios may have reset the voltage making your friends fans run at full speed thus making it louder...ahhh nien read it again hmm i have that same problem turns out it was a the northbridge fanguard just knocking against the nb fan...weird how (and mine used to do the excate same thing) it only happends when loaded

Yes turns out the bios put fans to full speed. i went in BIOS settings and set to controlled CPU Fan.

Back
Top Bottom