A computer problem

Matt08642

Daemon Poster
On my old computer (old because i had to get an new one) when i try to boot up it says that I can't. here is the exact message:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If thisw is a new installation, ask your hardware or sofware manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select advanced startup options, and then select safe mode.

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x000000ED (0x80E36A68, 0x0000032, 0X000000000, 0X000000000)

this is the type of screen it displays:
screen1.jpg

Stick in your windows cd and let it reformat. You may want to make sure the heard drive is still ok, by testing it in your new computer, and also make sure it's not being crushed or something.

burton_o6 said:
can you do a step-by-step boot? do that and see what fails

wuts a step by step boot???!!
all u have to do is put the XP cd in and boot from that everyting else is self-explanitory

hit f8. and you can do a step by step boot. It basically asks you everything, instead of being automatic

What do you have in this computer and did you build it yourself? What OS is installed on the HDD? Were you able to access the OS prior to this situation?

Ok, so now it starts up, but it says "No operating system found, press any key to try again" So i put in my windows 98 cd but i lost the CD-KEY. Am i completely screwed or what?

Back
Top Bottom