Computer Power

Rob H

Beta member
I was just wondering if anybody could help me sort the following problem out with regards to switching on my PC.

The problem is thus:

In order for me to switch my computer on (using the button on the front of my computer case) I have to disconnect it from the mains first for a few seconds and then press the button! Otherwise it does nothing! I have to repeat this everytime I want to switch my computer on!!

It has been suggested to me its the configuration and that it needs changing, but how do I go about this if I it is indeed this?

Cheers

Rob

This seems to me like its something to do with the power supply, and nothing to do with the button since this is what is giving the computer power in the first place.

Maybe switching it off from the mains lets something release?

I'd advise if you can, testing with another power supply

I hope this helps :)

First, reset the BIOS. Then turn the connector over that attaches to the SUBUNIT area of the motherboard (the LED leads, PWE BUTTON, and RST SWH, etc) Turn the connector to face the other way.

Why should that affect teh switching off and then on of the mains?...

Kage said:
Why should that affect teh switching off and then on of the mains?...

Because the primary mains have a positive and negative side. If you switch them around, they get funny. Sometimes the BIOS has a strange trigger on it as well.

Back
Top Bottom