Computer People: I need help!

kellyfan4life

Solid State Member
So I turned my labtop on today to use and there is no sound on it. It says that there is "No Audio Output Device Installed"...

Anyone knows what that means and what I can do to fix the problem? Thanks.

Give us specs and what OS you are running.

If you are running Vista or XP, go into device manager, and look for your audio device. Update the drivers if they are out of date.

What is with people calling a LAPtop a LABtop??

By the sounds of it there are a couple of probable causes,

1/. Your audio device (onboard or sound card, you don't state which you have so it is guess work here) has died

2/. Your drivers have become corrupted

Try reinstalling the audio drivers.

I just got this like what two weeks ago. Everything was fine last night and I turned it on today and the sound doesn't work. It has Vista I believe... um what else do you need? Sorry I know nothing about computers.

I highly doubt that his onboard died seeing as how this is a lap top, and it is rare that an audio onboard dies.

As I said before, it is probably the drivers, but we need full specs to make a decision.

Give us specs and what OS you are running.

If you are running Vista or XP, go into device manager, and look for your audio device. Update the drivers if they are out of date.

How do I get to the Device manager and how will I know if they are out of date? It says like nothing is installed so maybe I uninstalled one of them by accident...

I just got this like what two weeks ago. Everything was fine last night and I turned it on today and the sound doesn't work. It has Vista I believe... um what else do you need? Sorry I know nothing about computers.

Well, what is the computer make and model?
Also, if you can give us the Central Processing Unit, Motherboard, Audio Driver Details, Amount of RAM.

EDIT: Kelly, check your PM inbox. It is a small window at the top right of the screen where it says "Hello Kellyfan4life"

It's an HP Pavilion dv2315nr Entertainment Notebook PC

I don't know what the rest of that stuff is or where to look for it...

Ya'll gotta do this is baby steps for me.

Right click "My Computer">Click "Properties">Click "Hardware" tab>Click "device Manager"

That's under XP. I can only assume it's the same under Vista since that's how it has worked for every other Windows OS.

Back
Top Bottom