computer pausing - help needed

Well, if your HDD is really full, then that tends to slow everything down too. That's why I always recommend people to back up their stuff to get their space back. I'll bet Windows is doing a heck of a job performing swaps back and forth on a loaded hard drive.

defrag just arranges the files so that theyre all together and not spread all over the hard drive, he needs to get rid of useless files like cookies and so on, ccleaner is a good program for doing that and its free :D, google it and u will find it

cool, i'm freeing up about 50gbs at the moment, will see how that goes. roughly how full do you recommend hdds being?

Okay, dude, you have a really outdated processor. Its nice running, but not exactly fast. Cant handle too much data at once. Definetly clean some of that crap on the HD up. Your processor, just cant handle your hard drives.

gussigan said:
cool, i'm freeing up about 50gbs at the moment, will see how that goes. roughly how full do you recommend hdds being?

No more then 30-40%

I actually wouldnt go below half. Just because I like things really fast. And another thing.. If you can afford, get a Raid 1 config, for hard drive. Because that would make it alot faster!

For me, I like to leave at least 10% of my drive capacity available. Maybe I can squeeze it down to 6% or so, but no less.

6% is extreme though. I always try to go no lower than 10%. RIght now, I have an 80GB SATA drive. I used up 30GB of it already, so I'm not too worried right now. But once it gets down to about 8-10GB, then I need to worry about making backups and getting me a larger drive soon. I still haven't imaged my drive yet. SHould have done that months ago.

lol so why do we buy such big hard drives? sorry if that's a dumb question, just seems odd that i buy a big hdd and can only fill it that much - edit, just saw that not everyone does the whole less than half thang

what processor would you recommend? (not too pricey)

currently copying shizzle to my xbox to free up space

Well, I have a 160gb. And Its down to like.. Ahh hell, I dont even remember.. But its not that much, like 20-30gb used. But the thing that gets me, even with that little amout of space, my computer and slowed down. I mean, I have a powerfull processor.. but eh.. its just a stupid computer thing. I seriously reccomend to get another hard drive. Because with your processor not really being powerfull.. Well you need to get as much performance as possible. Either new hard drive, or new processor. Both of which I doubt you wanna do. And if thats the case, delete some crap.

Back
Top Bottom