Computer Not shutting down

Abid786

Solid State Member
HI GUYS!!

I have a friends computer, it's got windows ME and every time I go to start and shut down, the monitor basically shuts down but the CPU is still running... I don't understand what's wrong with it because I haven't come across through this problem. It was working find before and then this start. Does anyone now the solution to it??? PLEASE

It's usually a driver problem. check you have all the latest drivers installed. Modem's are often the problem but with ME it can be almost anything.

Abid786 said:
HI GUYS!!

I have a friends computer, it's got windows ME and every time I go to start and shut down, the monitor basically shuts down but the CPU is still running... I don't understand what's wrong with it because I haven't come across through this problem. It was working find before and then this start. Does anyone now the solution to it??? PLEASE

get rid of Me and replace it with XP :D or :

http://windowsupdate.microsft.com

this is an IDE hard-disk drive problem. get the patch... all it does is to delay shut down by about two seconds to give the time for the controller to write down all the closing down program information back to the disk before tripping the shut-down relay.
apparently there are two minor(?) but apparently effective tweaks to all but remedy a lot of shutdown issues on a relatively clean and virus free ME os. Try adding a sound to your shutdown process.You can accses this from control panel sounds /etc. Next if u have a Broadband/Dsl/cable modem,turn of the modem or disconnect for a second as the ME shutdowns, this is a major but overlooked issue on shutdown glitches. The main issue as pointed out, a little time is needed for the ME shutdown processes to talk to each other and leave together.

Back
Top Bottom