Computer Newbie. I need help

tiyah

Beta member
Hey guys. I am new in the world of computers. I want to know what certifications i should aqcuire to land a good job? My interest is in network security/cyber safety.

Do you guys recommend that? I want to stay away from programming. Should I get a few certificates or is a college degree important? Please guide me. I trust you computer geniuses. :flowers:

Well, the one question I have for you is what's your age?

Secondly, you definitely need to go to school. Your resume won't even be looked out without a degree.

Thirdly, in school they'll let you know any and all certifications you should get your hands on. The social experience of college is a good one and is very helpful to your career goals in the future.

Fourth, GO TO SCHOOL. Ignore what they say "80% of college graduates don't get jobs after school" apply yourself and you'll do spectacular.

Lol. I was wondering for a minute why you asked my age. And i kind of see why now. I am 27 years old. I have a degree from overseas but it's not accepted here so I basically have to go to college all over again. And i don't mind it. I work for the government and speak 4 languages fluently. And I've always been good with computers. Just the basics but it's something I definitely like to pursue further. What degree should I go after? Information technology? Computer information systems? Which degree is the most acceptable, sought after? Please advice.

There are a few certificates you can get from Microsoft that have to do with server maintenance, networking, etc.. I think you can find them on the Microsoft site, if not, Google them lol. As per school you should probably look into maybe a two year program, as you stated you've got a degree from overseas. ITT tech has numerous amount of programs. Look into some of them. And always remember Google and some simple research is always a great help.

I don't know if a college degree is all that important in that field. It'll sure help, but I'm a little doubtful that it will be worth the investment if you aren't going into programming. I'd honestly recommend just starting with some Cisco certifications

Back
Top Bottom