Computer locking up

cnl83

Baseband Member
I have a pd pc that locked up the other day at login. I rebooted the pc, and the screen for safe mode keeps coming up. No matter what option I choose the pc locks up right after I choose. I never see the windows logo.

I even put the windows restore disk in and it locks up every time when setup says "Setup is starting windows". I removed the hard drive, and changed the ram. Still the same exact problem. The processor does not seem hot either. I checked the heat sync and its real cool.

Any help would be awesome!

Pentium D 3.2 GHZ
512 MB Ram Single channel
Vcore 1.264V
CPU TEMP 21 C
CPU Fan speed 1776 RPM
Current system fan speed 0 RPM

can you get into safe mode when it comes up?, if so try running a AV scan to see if it picks anything up, also when you looked at the heat sinc was there any dust between the panels? if so clean them out or blow them out carefully.
You could also try removing you graphics card and clean it and put it back, I'm quite concerned that it wont allow you to run the windows CD that is un usual.

I added more grease to the processor, changed graphic cards. I even went from IDE to SATA. That did not work either.

I cannot get into safe mode. It really wont let me do anything. It seems like if the board was bad that it would not let me even get into bios.

I wonder if taking out the CMOS battery for a Minuit or so to reset it might help but I'm not sure what the problem is.

Back
Top Bottom