Which computer kit is better?

I think u will be good with a quad core. What os u going to run? And a cheap case will be fine. Find a 10 or 15 dollar one

At first it's just going to be my copy of Windows XP 32-bit. I'll upgrade to Windows 7 or the like later.

And I don't think there is a big difference in price between quad and hex core with the AMD. The only reason I'm getting 6 core is because the AMD 6 core is basically the equivalent of Intel's quadcore in reference to editing HD, from what I read anyway.

And I thought the case I was getting was considered cheap? 50 bucks. Includes a front fan and has room for two additional case fans if I ever need it. I don't have any cases lying around.

Again, my main concern is the mobo...I know it's a budget mobo with few add-ons....but basically it has all the slots I'll need (one for my firewire PCI card, one for a cheap graphics card). My main concern is someone mentioning that it only supports up to 1333mhz RAM speed. Again, I'm not sure what RAM speed dictates in reference to the overall setup. Will it be a HUGE impact- enough to spring for a board 50 dollars more?

Also, can someone recommend a PSU to me? Will 500W be good enough for my setup? What's a reliable model for around 40-50 bucks?

I Have a 20 dollar case runs great. Are u really editing that much video this quick? Sounds to me like u need to hit up hsn or qvc and yet a payment plan computer.

okay larry i got a kit under 300 you just need to use your hard drives. did you need a dvd drive 2?

tower: Newegg.com - Linkworld 313-06-C2228 Black/ Silver Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
mobo: Newegg.com - BIOSTAR A770E3 AM3 AMD 770 ATX AMD Motherboard
psu: Newegg.com - LOGISYS Computer PS550ABK 550Watts ATX12V Power Supply With SATA and 20/24 Pin connectors.
pcu: Newegg.com - AMD Athlon II X4 640 Propus 3.0GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM3 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor ADX640WFGMBOX
ram: Newegg.com - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1066 (PC3 8500) Desktop Memory Model F3-8500CL7S-4GBRL

since your going to start off with a 32 bit os you'll only need 4 gigs for now and that's something you can buy later on to save money now.
i didn't put in a gpu because you'll be running 4 cores so those extra cores can take the slack of the video processing and not drag your system that bad.
get a good gpu card later on to take more burden off your cpu.

idk if you need the dvd drive right now but that should still keep you under 300. and if you use your old hard drive for now it help keep you on the low end.

the ram, gpu, and hard drives are all somthing you can upgrade later and not get cheapos ones that will going out pretty quick. hope this helps

The only problem is that mobo has no onboard graphics at all, so I'd need a video card to even run it.

But in any case, I still don't know why getting a 6 core with a microATX is a bad idea. I seriously need it explained to me. People are also recommending I get an intel quadcore setup for around the same price. It's starting to get very confusing.

There's other mobos for around that price just make sure the ram and CPU match it, or find a gpu your under 300

But then what are the other drawbacks for a full size mobo being so cheap? Just wondering.

Also, I want to at least get a phenom ii x 4 and a slightly better case. It's ok if its a little over 300, just can't be close to 400

Why a phenom? And there aren't to many. I have a novo I bout 3 years ago for 20 dollars and it works till this day

you have intel fan boys and amd fan boys.
i prefer amd,
there cheaper then intel. and they use more piplines of shorter length, where intel uses longer piplines but fewer of them.
the other thing is intel is the one that is contracted with microsoft so microsoft fans tend to follow intel.
as far as power goes with the processors go you can have 6 cores at 4.0ghz and your computer can still be slow. its all about how every thing talks to each other with internal and external buses.

the mobo has a very high hyper transport witch will help with speed.

im trying to find somthing in your budget range i think your being a little to picky about what your getting for what your looking to spend. i found all that in 20 mins on newegg. its all the right parts to fit in the mobo and it fits in the case. its like buying a bare bones kit but your saving some money. just add a graphics card and call it a day.

idk y your in such a hurry for this editing computer. if you ask me you need to plan it out and get what you want, it might cost in the high hundreds but youll be satisfyed with everything you need.

Back
Top Bottom