computer keeps shutting down

IowaBoy

In Runtime
I keep on getting a quick bluescreen then my PC restarts. Its been ever since the other day when I started my PC and it froze up and crashed. From a glance of the blue screen I beleave it says it has something to due with my CPU being over clocked, when I checked this for myself it only showed 10% then it would jump up to 50%-56% every now and then. I did preform a quick scan with Anti Mal-ware, it showed nothing.

Below are some snap shots from the solutions screen

http://img710.imageshack.us/i/computerproblem.jpg/
http://img687.imageshack.us/i/computerproblem2.jpg/

anyone?

So what exactly have you scanned your computer with? Most likely you are infected with a virus so try Spybot or Malwarebytes. If that comes up empty install Trend Micro HijackThis and post the log.

Warren, why is your solution to everything a virus!? I've never seen a virus blue screen a computer. And I've worked on many from paying customers.

The point of a virus is to cause mayhem, and steal precious data not to crash a computer. Its a game to them as well as a job. Why would they kill their own game. It would be definenly a hardware failer. Check the bios and run a diagoins that way you see what hardware is functioning and which isn't.

I totally agree with dude

Hi,

I would run a RAM test and if that passes, then I would run a burn in test on the CPU and see if it is over heating ...

RAM test can be downloaded from Microsoft website, and I would use PassMark for the burn in test, I had a Vista machine with the same trouble, it just stared one day, and I found it to be the RAM, also had a XP Laptop start that once for no reason and found it to be over heating.

In addition to what has been said above:

My processor began to decay after I left my overclock on for a long-time (accident). Try underclocking your processor (to below stock) and see if this problem is still going on.

I scanned with Malawarebytes originally and came up with zap. I'll just wait for the next bluescreen to pop up.

Back
Top Bottom