Computer keeps restarting.

Spec

Fully Optimized
well i got a new computer and lately its been nothing but trouble..but for some reason..this keeps happening. - Well im using it for about 30-45 minutes or so and its working fine, then my fans start working very loudly, while im still working on the computer, for about 30 seconds the fans are pretty loud then my computer just shuts off..and it keeps doing this...also is there any way to change my bios? because this gateway bios starts up really really slowly... i mean i figured this may be a power issue or overheating issue but it wasnt doing this when i first got. Could this be a problem with my CPU? maybe they didnt mount it very well at the factory..should i start fresh and use some thermal paste and re-seat it? i have reinstalled vista 64bit ultimate (which came with the computer) but thats kuz i like a fresh install... my setup is in my signature, also my power supply is a 550 watt rosewill psu.

It does sound like an overheating issue. I'd pull the heatsink off, apply new thermal compound, and reinstall it. Make sure the heatsink is installed properly, it should be putting pressure on the CPU to insure the thermal compound spreads and there is good contact.

Also, you overclocked your Q6600? If you left the CPU voltage on auto, it may have increased if for you since you raised frequencies.

alright thanks, i just reseated the cpu right now... also pulled out the ram reseated that too..also moved my computer to a different spot..because it has been moved since this issue has started, but thanks for the quick reply.

Back
Top Bottom