computer keeps crashing

vagabondette

Beta member
I have an EEEPC 1000 that I've completely messed up. Almost a month ago I removed a SD card while it was still actively transferring images (my SD reader is built in if that makes a difference) at the moment of removal my computer froze and I got a dark blue/black screen. Ever since then, at random times, my computer will freeze and/or I'll get the black screen. Occasionally I'll get a boot error that says certain files are missing or corrupt but I've reinstalled a nlite version of XP Home and I reformatted the HD (it's solid state if that matters) before I did the reinstall so nothing should be missing or corrupt with the OS.

I did a RAM test and it came back clean. I've also done random other things that people on other forums have suggested with no success.

As an added complication, my optical drive is external and I can't get it to be recognized now (since I did the OS reinstall) so I can't boot from it.

I've tried to keep this short while still providing the necessary info but if you need more, please ask. I've gone beyond frustrated and am considering buying a new laptop but I really don't have the money right now.

Thanks in advance!

Back
Top Bottom