Computer just,STOPS?

Literally,Just Stops,Completely frozen,won't repspond to anything at all to the point i have ao restart it.Now i have just recently re-installed windows and it was happening before that,So i have NO idea?

At the time it happend this morning i was ripping DVD's,listening music through winamp,and browsing the web.In the MS Event viewer,the only thing that happend around the time it froze was this,"An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk1\D during a paging operation.",

Could it be another nail in the coffin for my hardrive?

I Have also noticed a high pitch hum coming from my hardrive when certain applications are opened.

No,It was pulled from my old Acer,I Dont think it has a warranty :(

Im running Seatools on it at the moment,i'll post the results when they are finished.

Yeah, I would suggest backing up that hard drive if it is making that kind of sound. I wouldn't be surprised if the hard drive quits soon.

Well I've noticed with hums like what you are describing, I relate them to the ticking sounds. It sounds like the motor that spins the platters is going out. Your hard drive might not go out...they don't always go out with a hum...but I always prefer safer than sorry.

Back
Top Bottom