Computer just shut off

DBosu17

Solid State Member
Hello i was just sitting on my computer and it just shut off on me. I replaced the video card to see if that was it and it still didn't come on, then i proceeded to check the cpu but that wasn't burnt, i also checked the ram, and checked on a nother monitor. i am really running out of options here and am pretty frustrated. Also i would like to add that the green light is on, on the mobo. Please if anyone has any ideas that would be excellent. I also tried to put all the power led and that stuff back to the mobo as good as possible could that have something to do with it not firing up? Thanks again.

DB

When you say
"I also tried to put all the power led and that stuff back to the mobo as good as possible"
do you mean the LED and powere/reset case headers, if so - ur PC won't fire up without the power one int the right place.

I't sounds as thought u could have got a surge. Try a different PSU and motherboard. If not, go round replacing bits one at a time.

It could be your power supply that is burnt. There will still be a LED light on the mobo but power supply is one of the first component to let go to protect the rest of your equipment.
I burnt two PS and my PC had the same problems you have.

i transferred the power supply out it turns on but my monitor won't turn on and its the same on different computers. If my mobo was fried would the green light on the board still be lit up? THanks

Back
Top Bottom