Computer info websites?

MSchmiess

Baseband Member
Do you guys have any good websites for information on computers? Like how it all works and what all the numbers mean. Like an advanced howthingswork.com. I have a good grasp on computers, but I don't know as much as I'd like.

hmm my advice would be to look at different websites for different comjponents for instance i have seen a good hard drive explanation ,, http://www.howstuffworks.com/hard-disk.htm

Ps i am the same , i know how to fix and build computers but i dunno the inner workings of each component ,i am doing the same , trying to learn how each component works

wiki isnt bad, or if you have the option take a class in digital circuitry or digital logic, similar class... they will teach you how storage devices work and hows bits of info are stored and stuff like that, its interesting stuff...or if you want to learn about transistors and such take a general electronics class.

im going for my EE at drexel so I am learning about that little by little, I know my digital logic and basic stuff like that pretty good since I am only a Pre-Junior (5 year program)

yeah , i would be ok if my comp broke but most components eg cpu arent user fixable anyway even with tha knowledge , but it would be nice to have extra knowledge

ohoh and btw just google how X works , x being your component eg hdd cpu rsm

most of the time just googleing the component name e.g hdd will bring up wiki as the first result g

^^ dude there are loads of theese all over the forum , this is like spamming and blackmail of some sorts

Back
Top Bottom