computer help, troubleshooting.

dinoslayer3

Beta member
i have a probvlem with opne of our computers. every time i want to go to an icon my computer window freezes. wha tmight be the cause and what coulde a viable solution be ? any and all help will be appreceated. oh BTW i have tryed to run scandisk and defragementer to fix the problem.

have you run any antivirus or anti-spyware programs? a good anti-spyware program is AdAware, try running that

Possibilities:

Problem #1:
You have too many programs open, thus they are taking system resources up disabling the next program to load, thus having the computer crash and the screen freeze.

Solution: Upgrading the CPU or

Dynamic RAM.
Types: DIMMs, SIMMs, RIMMs

Problem #2: You have a virus.

Solve #2: Run an Anti-Virus software program, if this anti-virus software program detects things but doesn't later delete, these programs are sometimes known as spyware. Getting a program that deletes spyware become very helpful.

thankes guy's i ran AVG antivirus and that fixed the problem. i have got another problem now. i have all programs closed and i tryed to shut down but the dumb thinge locked itself near the end of the shut down faze. it says"Win 98 is shutting down" but it just stayed like that, i left my thinge on all night and it never changed. i coulde manually shut it down but it runs scandisk everytime i start the pc up.

Go to display settings and change your appearance to windows Classic. It will reduce the amount stress put on your system. Try running one program at a time if you have an extremely slow computer. This advice is only good if you have XP.

Back
Top Bottom