Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 05-31-2004, 12:53 AM   #1
Beta Member
Default Computer help with Hardware

I installed new/more ram on my computer, reformated and totally reinstalled XP. but when i start it up, i get the choices for safe mode, regular, etc. Yet, not matter what i go to, i receive a error. Blue screen. Says there is an error, any ideas

Spyke36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 05:31 AM   #2
Daemon Poster
Default Re: Computer help with Hardware

try reinstalling it again.

AMD FX57 - 2Gb DDR - 200Gb HDD - 512Mb X1800 XTPE - DVD Dual Layer - Creative XFi Fatality FPS - Windows Media Center 2005
3D Mark 05 : 9600
3D Mark 06 : 3800
GeforcebOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 01:23 PM   #3
In Runtime
Send a message via AIM to Itsme Send a message via MSN to Itsme

Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 10:42 AM   #4
In Runtime
Send a message via MSN to killerdoberman Send a message via Yahoo to killerdoberman

OK...i bet you have a DSL or Cable modem on this computer. And I will also bet that your copy of XP is about 1 - 1-1/2 years old. I had this same exact problem when I reformatted my computer and started fresh. There is also another problem that follows it...yes there is another one after you fix this one, but if you do it right you can avoid the second problem.

These problems are related to the security leaks in Windows. You need to patch these before registering Windows.

It is Windows related and the only way to do it is to reinstall Windows XP WITHOUT your internet connection complete.

When you finally get Windows up, install your virus scan software. Then finally connect your internet connection and update your virus scan software first to make sure it is the most current version.

***Do not check your e-mail, go web surfing or use a search engine. Go straight to the sites that you need.*** Also make sure you do a "power off" type restart. This way it will dump everything in memory before restarting.

Finally go to Windows Update and start downloading the updates.

After the updates are complete you may then register Windows.

If you are using a dial-type modem, then I guess you are going to take a while to get the updates. It should work with a dial-type modem as well.

I hope this helps and let us know your status.
killerdoberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 03:28 PM   #5
Send a message via MSN to Lord Kalthorn

That sounds like the best course; try that. I have had that problem also on one of my friend's computers.
A Knight is sworn to Honour. His heart knows only Virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His might upholds the Weak. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the Wicked.
Lord Kalthorn is offline   Reply With Quote