Computer hangs and robotic sound

stefan-west1

Baseband Member
Hi all I've been searching through various forums to find what is causing this problem. Basically my PC will freeze every now and then for a few minutes and any sound playing becomes a very slow sort of robotic voice like noise. It will stay like this for a few minutes. I have no error messages or anything and I'm struggling to find out what is causing this.

This is what I've done already to try and find the cause:

- updated all drivers
- multiple virus and malware scans
- memtest86
- Aida 64 stability test (all)

It used to do this a lot then stopped for ages. However now it seems to be doing it every few minutes which gets annoying. I did move my PC yesterday from uni to my home so thought that might of done something but I have taken everything out and put it all back in to make sure nothing came loose or anything.

Does anyone have any idea of what I can do to try and find the cause of this problem. All tests I've done have come back fine.

Thanks

Is there any particular pattern to what you are doing? Even something as simple as "I'm always typing" could help us.

Could you crack the case back open and take a look at the capacitors on the motherboard and any other cards in the system? If they are bulging or leaking that component is failing/has failed and could be causing your problem.

Also, have you tried running a hard drive diagnostic?

Back
Top Bottom