Computer Giving Off SHOCK, HELP PLEASE.

man thats not right, first off i would either change power sockets on da wall(try going to a complete new room on da other side of the house, maybe on different circuit), new power board one that has a efi and a surge and spike protection, pick a great one up from jaycar electronics in Australia, or ya local radio shack if in da US, also check ya PSU in ya pc make sure nothing is grounded to ya chassis of ya pc, that happened to my mate once killd is brand new MOBO (motherboard) how old is the media center BTW.:D :D :D :D :D

perhaps try a different wall outlet?? or a newer power bar.

Maybe this would also explain why I get a slight/medium buzz in my Microphone too. All of my recording equipment is brand new, same with the cables to it all so there shouldn't be any buzz at all. When I record a piece and play it back with the vocals cranked up a bit, the 'dead air' isn't just 'dead air', I get a buzz too. Another possibility though, is my speakers. When I have all of my recording equipment shut off, and I turn the speakers all the way up with nothing playing I get a lot of air, which I don't know is normal or not. And I get it even louder when I turn up the bar under my sound card manager titled 'MICROPHONE', which isn't the actual Microphones sound level, it's just how loud I hear myself in the headphones. Hmm.

Well your best bet if you really want to get it solved is to hire a licensed electrician. Or at least consult one and see what he says. I know sometimes this is easier said than done. I work at a Petroleum plant so they are easy to come by and ask a few questions but even if you know some one who knows one, just see what they say.

It's about 3 years old, maybe 3 1/2. I guess I'll get in contact with an electrician and have them figure it out.

Back
Top Bottom