computer freezs

cdawg

In Runtime
i have an amd 8120 eight core cpu running 16gb ram 1tb hdd with a 990fx motherboard and a nvidia gtx 560 gpu
for some reason my computer almost always freezes i thought it may be a virus so i ran my security averything is ok btw i use advanced care pro for my security needs my pc is up to date all divers ect..
i opened iobit system info this is what it says
gpu video memory 0 Byte screen reso 1920x1080
storage total memory 11.95gb) (free memory 9.27gb)

i neeed some guidance as what i should do in order to fix this thanx in advance

How long have you had the PC? And has it done this from day one?

Mossiac

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Computer Forums mobile app

Please answer all the questions asked, as it helps us help you.

What are you doing when it freezes?
When does it freeze (at startup, randomly, after being on for X amount of time)?
When did it start?
What temps are the gpu/cpu running at?
Have you done anything beside the virus scan?

When it freezes I'm not really doing much just basic browsing no games

There is no particular time it freezes really I could be just browsing and it does it I pretty much leave my PC on all the time

It started about 2 weeks ago I though I may have downloaded something so I went and checked everything out and all is in order

I'm not sure of the temps but I do know that the advance care pro program lets me know if I ever go over 60 celcious

Yes not only have I ran the virus scan but I've deep. Leaned the registry,done a malware and spyware check,checked for cloned files,did a ram check to free up unused ram,did a registry defrag and a disk defrag,I ran a system optimization,

It's not likely to be software related (ie: caused by viruses). It's more likely to be hardware related.

Could be drivers, maybe vid card drivers auto updated?
Did you run memtest86+? Try that.
Also check out core-temp (or other free temp monitoring software) and keep an eye on the temps.

Are you able to hit ctrl-alt-del when the computer freezes?

All drivers are updated I'll try the mem86+ and see if that helps thanx for the help

I wonder though if one of the drivers that updated (ie: did the vid card driver update recently) could be causing the issue?

It could be is there a way I can check maybe downgrade the vid driver ?i ran the memtest86 and came up as 0 errors

If you don't get a blue screen it degrades the problem down, it could be that you've updated with ms updates and it's not functioning well with other programs interfering, conflicting with each other.

So I suggest goto run, type msconfig, click start up, tick everything off, try this and see if it freezes.

Back
Top Bottom