Computer Freezing Randomly

jashan17

In Runtime
Certain times when i leave my computer on for around 2 to 4 hours, i come back and its frozen. Have to do a hard reset. I ran a prime95 test overnight and woke up to see it frozen again, looked at the results of the test and it all passed succesfully, It ends off at 1024 k passed. dunno how long it ran till it froze. Most likely a non stable overclock? my CPU core is at 3060 Mhz, Voltage at 1.3375, Memory at 884 Mhz, Memory voltage at 1.85. Think i should lower my memory Mhz?

Do you have Corsair XMS2 RAM? If you do, then it is designed to run at 800MHz @ 2.1V. So increase your memory voltages or lower your ratio to 1:1.

Do you have Corsair XMS2 RAM? If you do, then it is designed to run at 800MHz @ 2.1V. So increase your memory voltages or lower your ratio to 1:1.

What do you mean lower my ratio? how would i do that in the bios?

I hear that the voltage should be set to 1.8 for the memory for the XMS2 . Maybe since i o'c'ed it to 850 should i increase the voltage much? Should i just put it back to 800Mhz, does it make much difference? Could it be the CPU?

overclock to 3.2ghz with 400x8 then set the ram to 800mhz, it will then be 1:1 with cpu

overclock to 3.2ghz with 400x8 then set the ram to 800mhz, it will then be 1:1 with cpu

So lowering the multiplier by 1 makes it more stable? Also, what voltages should i set for that setup?
EDIT: My multiplier is defaulted at 9x

no, its just running at a higher mhz so the you can get the most out of your 800 mhz ram ..... 400mhz FSB : RAM 400 MHz DDR2(double data rate)400MHz x2 =800MHz
so after all that ... thats why its running ram is running 1:1 with cpu

Back
Top Bottom