Computer "freezing" every few seconds

damian5000

Baseband Member
The timing is random, sometimes 5 seconds, sometimes 2 seconds, but usually every few seconds...and will freeze up for a random interval of several seconds.

It's similar to when a hard drive runs 100%, the mouse and keyboard will freeze at the same time, and then when it unfreezes whatever you typed during the freeze will come up. BUT, the HD isn't running at all when it happens...

Happens in safe mode also...

Windows XP

Seems like a hardware thing to me.. I want to avoid reinstalling windows because I don't want to go looking for all the drivers. It's an older computer for a guest house I help out sometimes here in Thailand..

Any ideas?

The timing is random, sometimes 5 seconds, sometimes 2 seconds, but usually every few seconds...and will freeze up for a random interval of several seconds.

It's similar to when a hard drive runs 100%, the mouse and keyboard will freeze at the same time, and then when it unfreezes whatever you typed during the freeze will come up. BUT, the HD isn't running at all when it happens...

Happens in safe mode also...

Windows XP

Seems like a hardware thing to me.. I want to avoid reinstalling windows because I don't want to go looking for all the drivers. It's an older computer for a guest house I help out sometimes here in Thailand..

Any ideas?

Never mind...solved... opened the case and moved a few wires around... completely back to normal again...

wow, i joined this site in 2006?! time too fast.

Back
Top Bottom