Computer Freezing

DarkVenom

Baseband Member
Lately my computer has been freezing out of nowhere. For example by just browsing the internet(watching a video on youtube, etc). I can move the mouse but can't click any program buttons and what is displayed stays the same.

PC in sig, all stock, no overclock.

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, same thing happened with Windows XP 64-bit, so I think it is not OS-related. Also, I installed the latest drivers for the video card and sound card.

I've had this pc for 1.5 years now.

Please help me, it's driving me nuts.

A computer randomly freezing could be many different problems. When did it start? Was there something specific you installed, updated, or removed?

I did a fresh install of Windows 7 Ultimate x64 because I tought the problem was Windows XP x64, barely any programs installed right now.

Here are the idle temps, with just Firefox opened, it freezes with just firefox opened:

tempsx.jpg

Arrgh, I'm at work right now and can't see images posted in the forums :( But it shouldn't be a heat issue if you're just running Firefox, especially after a clean install (there won't be that many convoluted processes running). Do you have extra parts that you can start the swap process with? Replacing the HD, GPU, RAM (although I highly doubt it's a RAM issue) will at least get you going down the right path of troubleshooting. Random lockups without a powerdown typically can't be the PSU, even though I generally lean towards that as these fail very easily. Try testing a different PSU as well. You can also check to see if any of your hardware was assigned the same I/O address which would also cause random freezes like this. However, a fresh install should have corrected that issue as well :/
Let us know what, if anything, you find after playing Dr. with different parts.

I was thinking it maybe was the video card or hdd because:

a. The HDD is like 3-4 years old.
b. This is a second video card after RMAing the first one because I counldn't even install Windows 7 with it, could never get to the wizard part where I enter my info and stuff, altough I've had it for months already.

I'll try and find a hdd to test with, I was thinking on getting an SSD, do you know of any good hdd diagnostic program?

Thanks

Are you doing right clicks for right hand users ?
Thats how some of my videos have options.Some have LEFT mouse button.
Try both at all .

Back
Top Bottom