computer freezing

Fanatic4Christ

Daemon Poster
im not really sure whats wrong with my computer but lately ive been getting alot of freezing.... ill be playing the game and getting around 40-50 fps or so and then ill get random spikes like lag past door's and all that, my ping's only around 20 so it cant be that.... i really cant stand this and its getting very annoying when i cant even hit a guy thats standing still because it freezes...
i have my cpu overclocked to 2.482mhz from 2.0ghz and my video card at 648mhz processor from 594 and 486mhz memory from 398... any idea's on what it could be that's causing my computer to randomly freeze? also when i first built this computer with the new motherboard and cpu it started getting these random skip's to where ill be doing whatever and it freezes for a second. any idea's?

It may be memory, it's always a good place to start.

Assuming you have all the latest drivers for your m/board and video card I would suggest memtest 86+ on each memory module individually. What sizes are the modules?

i got a 1gb chip and 2 512mb chips. not sure if this has anything to do with it but i put my side case thing on and now it got filed up with so much dust.... my video card seriously had a pile of dust on my video card.. the computer is completly covered in dust like so bad.... i just cleaned this thing like a week ago.... haha i cleaned the vid card and it runs alright but not very good mabie i needa clean my cpu and everything else also?

okay well i cleaned it up and all that but the memory test dident work... it wouldent boot off of the cd drive so yeah...

Back
Top Bottom