computer freezes when graphic card installed

amit505

Beta member
Hello guys,I'm facing this issue since the last 5 months.
Computer is working absolutely fine without any graphic card but whenever i install my graphic card I start facing this issue.
The system works fine with the graphic card when the RAM is installed in the 1st slot.
When I change the RAM slot ie.Slot 2nd, computer freezes after the 'welcome screen and the wallpaper loads'
Then I need to reset my system and then it works fine.
The system has to be re-setted ten only it works or it freezes after booting.
I've got 10 more days of warranty of my hardwares so I could get them fixed. Please help ASAP.
Thank you'.

System Configuration-
Wndows XP SP 3
Pentium Dual Core E5200@2.50GHz
RAM 1GB
XFX Nvidia 9400GT DDR 512MB
GIgabyte 6Squad/S Series motherboard.

Hello guys,I'm facing this issue since the last 5 months.
Computer is working absolutely fine without any graphic card but whenever i install my graphic card I start facing this issue.
The system works fine with the graphic card when the RAM is installed in the 1st slot.
When I change the RAM slot ie.Slot 2nd, computer freezes after the 'welcome screen and the wallpaper loads'
Then I need to reset my system and then it works fine.
The system has to be re-setted ten only it works or it freezes after booting.
I've got 10 more days of warranty of my hardwares so I could get them fixed. Please help ASAP.
Thank you'.

System Configuration-
Wndows XP SP 3
Pentium Dual Core E5200@2.50GHz
RAM 1GB
XFX Nvidia 9400GT DDR 512MB
GIgabyte 6Squad/S Series motherboard.
Motherboard/ram issue..... leave the ram in the 1st slot and you will be right....
Why were you putting ram in second slot?

The issue is that computer always freezes on startup and the works absolutely fine after reset.
I don't understand whats wrong with the computer and if I remove the graphic card it won't freeze at all.

Thank you :)

When you say graphic card, is it just the same graphic card or have you tried other graphic cards.

You might have a graphic card that is not 100% compatible with your system.

Check the requirements of the graphics card. Does the graphics card need more power, via a 6-pin socket? Is your PSU up to snuff, with amps, rails, and watts? Does the OS load in safe mode while using the graphics card? What graphics card is it? More information like this can help us help you.

Back
Top Bottom