Computer freezes, program crashes, HELP

Ins4n3_187

Solid State Member
Okay im going to tell you my story...Well some idiot in my household overclocked my computer about a week ago and since then it never worked, well i figured that the cmos battery must be re-installed so i did that and my computer worked "LaaAaaAAA!". Well after a few minutes of reunifaction with my PC i installed my favorite game World in Conflict. Well during installation my computer just crashed and got the blue screen of death. after 3 times of reinstalling and unistalling i got it installed, Now here comes the most fustrating part everytime no matter what when i use any program such as firefox, internet explorer, Steam, WIC, Crysis, anything it will always crash no matter what. WIC would crash either in menu or ingame after 5 seconds of getting on a server, crysis crashes when I load data or join a server, my beloved steam games crash after 5 seconds of ingame, also I have the Saitek eclipse light up keyboard and a light up mouse and once in awhile they just turn off and im stranded then the PC freezes. Now this has never happen to me before the overclock. Now a few minutes ago firefox crashed so yeah i had to retype. I've already did system restore 3 times, I set my BIOS to default, And im sure its not overheat, and it must be something thats causing this. Please can people help me, i tried yahoo answers and i got not good answers, I miss playing games, i miss having a stable computer and im sick and tired of reading books and using a laptop to play games on super low. I would highly appreciate any help, Give as much help as you can im helpless now. thank you

Well i built my PC 3 years ago so im a bit rusty right now, and since then i can play most games on medium high

MSI mobo VIA, 2 GB PC3200 Kingston, Geforce 7600 gs AGP, AMD Athlon 64 2800+, Windows XP SP2, 550 Watts Power Supply

Just an amateur's guess, but it kinda sounds like a virus. I think most ppl would say download both AVG 8.0 and Spybot search and destroy, then scan with both after updating. Thats my two cents, someone with more advanced stuffs will prolly post.

Are you sure it may be a virus? Well i'll try, But what about the keyboard and mouse freezeing up? Just 3 minutes ago i froze and crashed

It sounds like it could be a memory problem. The overclock may have borked a memory stick.

Try downloading and using Memtest86+. It will fully test your memory. They have versions for bootable floppies, CDs and USB memory sticks. If you have multiple sticks of RAM test each one separately. Conversely, you could even try using one stick at a time to see if the crashing stops and to figure out if a stick of memory is in fact bad.

i had the same problem once and i found out that a trojan had infected my windows files.

go to start click run then type cmd then type sfc /scannow. it will check the status and automatically repair all of your windows os files.

try putting your disk in and then booting from the disk and selecting repair option just at the format screen, then press R and then when a blackscreen appears then log into admin press 1, then type /chkdsk /p this should repair your problem.

try also typeing chkdsk /r
i think its them commands.

maybe type HELP, im abit dizzy and feel ill, not to good to help

im off cya

Back
Top Bottom