computer freezes

Lord Kalthorn said:
You should send the Report to make sure. If they know about the problem, the will direct you to the driver you need and tell you the problem. If they don't; you can help other people who may get the same problem by letting Microsoft work out the answer!
I hate the report tool makes my computer never respond, MS probaly get so many errors they dont even bother.
Peace

ill try sending it when the problem happens again. any other advice. im sure i just need a new banshee display driver but i cant find one anywhere

Probably, but if that is the case, they will direct you to the driver or a site that might have the new driver. They of course have more contacts than most of us, and if the new driver is out, they will know where it is.

ok. hasnt happened today yet. i always heard that sending error reports did nothing

It really doesn't. Not to your Computer anyway. What it does do though, is tell Microsoft about Faults. Then of course, they set about sorting them out so that next time somebody sends a fault like that, they direct them to how to fix it :D

Sometimes, though, if you do send it, they link you to some sort of page in the Microsoft database to tell you what might be causing the problem.

Yeah; direct you to how to fix it :p I can't remember but I think it is ce.microsoft.com... maybe something else... Eitherway it has helped me on a number of occassions.

Back
Top Bottom