computer f***ed up...again

ashaiba

In Runtime
I was listening to music and checking my facebook, updating my VAIO software. then my computer suddenly dies, the computer still has power running but the monitor and all that (speakers, ect.) are idle. So i turn of my computer by holding the button after wating for like 10 minutes. Once i turn it on again, the computer puts power and then i hear this noise like this BEEP BEEP...BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP. and after 10 min the beeps change tone so then its like BEEP BEEP..BEEP BEEP BOP BOP. ect ect.

any help?

Do you have a motherboard or bios manual? Look there if you do for the beep codes for your PC. What bios do you have, do you know?

Give us your specs, please :)

ok when i turn on the computer there are no more beeps, now it just turns on and the fan goes bazzerrrk and everything is idle.

i have my specs on my Steam account but i dont no how 2 log on from my mac

Getting nothing now? Ok, mobo is fried, CPU is bad, the PSU may be going bad, or there is a short somewhere. Those are the only things I can think of.

Getting nothing now? Ok, mobo is fried, CPU is bad, the PSU may be going bad, or there is a short somewhere. Those are the only things I can think of.

PSU usually dies instantly, not intermittently and spuratically. So I think we can knock that one off.

CPU Would consistently report a beep code, not just once or twice then stop.

MOBO is a real option. Unfortunately the only way to test it is to throw a new mobo into your rig.

I had/am having the same problem with my Shuttle SFF... Try disconnecting everything, hold power button for 15 sec and then just plug in what you need to run it power, keboard, mouse, ethernet, etc. See if that works. Otherwise it sounds like a MB problem

Back
Top Bottom