Computer error?

Geness

In Runtime
I woke up this morning to my brother telling me he had a problem with his computer. It seemed the screen was all messed up and was stuck at a funny resolution with the high screen contrast theme kinda look that you can switch too through windows 7 personalize option, but he hadn't switched it to that. I the noticed that when I tried to open nvida control panel it told me the card wasn't reading the monitor which I know it was cause I was able to view everything.

I decided to take the graphics card out of the computer and clean it and re seat it but upon doing that it seems the computer hit another error upon turning it on it beeps and the fan runs really loud, any idea whats wrong?

Its a

Lenovo k230
Nivida Geforce 460gtx SC

The funny resolution/high contrast makes it seem like to me that the computer somehow got kicked into safe mode.

Re-check all connnections. Re-check the power to the graphics card. Make sure the molex from the power supply is plugged in.
Seems to me you may have missed something upon taking it out and putting it back and may not be a worse error.

If it works, power up, and see if Windows comes up with any options upon bootup.

I'd take everything out the computer, reseat the cpu and memory, and reset the CMOS by taking the battery out of the mobo to for 10-15seconds, put it back in.

After all this and it starts to boot, remove the old drivers for the GPU and download some new ones.

Goodluck

Back
Top Bottom