Computer damage

twisted001200

Solid State Member
A while ago i spilled water into my computer by accident, and it wont work now. I was thinking it was my motherboard, but when i plug in the computer the back of the mother board lights up. Does this mean it works still? any help would be appreciated

It means the board is getting power is all.

Give us some more details, i.e. was the pc turned on at the time the water made contact? how and where did the water go in? how long has it had to dry out? etc, you get the idea ;)

the more you tell us the more we may be able to help.

yea sorry..my computer was on, i have vents on the top of my case so it went straight down, i turned it off right after i spilled it in there, then it wouldnt turn back on after i tryed to power it back up. Trying to figure out what part is ruined so i can replace it

been over 2 months now, since it happened. I tried to turn it on not long after it happened which was pretty dumb

I'm glad you said that ;)

Where did the water land? on the video card? have you done anything to the pc since then? how much water are we talking about?

I have no clue were it landed, I am finally in the process of trying to get it fixed now, trying to figure out what pieces i need to fix it up. Not sure how i should go about it. And now i havent done anything to it since

Is it totally dry now? Have you tried booting it? (assuming it is totally dry now)

What are the system specs?

Back
Top Bottom