Computer Crashing

carewithlove

Baseband Member
Hi Guys
I've been having crashing problems for quite a while now,taken it to a computer man i know.He's had my computer in about five times in the last month. He found some viruses on it and cleaned them,he even did a complete
install of windows xp + sp2. That didn't sort It either took it back and they added more memory that didn't sort the problem out either. After keeping the computer over the w/end they discovered it was hard ware so they put in a new Hard drive. Everything seemed fine so we got broadband up and running,
now for the last two days it's crashing again.It crashes off line aswell as online and it's happening about 3-5min Intervals. When the computer crashes
I get a blue screen with white writing saying.

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to my computer.
ERROR:
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.
If problems continue,disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software disable Bios memory options such as caching or shadowing.
If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable compoents,restart computer press F8 to select advanced startup options and then select safemode.
Technical Info:
***Stop:0x0000000A (0xFFFFFFFC,0X00000002,0X00000000,0X804DBE78)
MICROSOFT ERROR SIGNATURE READS:
BCCode:1000000a BCP1:FFFFFFFC BCP2:00000002 bcp3:00000000
BCP4:804DBE7B OSVer:5_1_2600 SP:2_0 Product: 256_1
ERROR REPORT CONTENTS:
C\DOCUME~1\IAN\LOCALS~1\TEMP\WER6e13.DIR00\MINI060407-01.dmp
C\DOCUME~1\IAN\LOCALS~1\TEMP\WER6e.dir00\sysdata xml
Is there anyone who can explain all these errors and tell me what they mean?
hope you can help Adela.

I couldn't find anything on that error itself, but I'd be willing to bet my life it's driver related. Try getting new drivers for all of you hardware components, and installing them. If new drivers don't work, go back to older ones.

I would also run a memtest on the comptuer to test out the RAM on the comptuer.

If you are comfortable with it, Open up your comptuer case and check to see if any of the capacitors (the things that look like mini soup-cans) are buldging on the top or side. If they are, you have yourself a failing motherboard.

Maybe 2 peices of hardware not liking each other... I had that problem before where my other hardware didn't like a modem I was installing in it. I couldn't figure out the problem until 2 or 3 Windows installations later...

Hi Celegorm,
Thanx for getting back to me,The computer man who deals with my computer sent me an E-Mail saying it was driver related.He's got the computer with him and checking it out,
looking to which driver it could be. I'm not sure If he's going to do a memtest or not. If I had the computer with me how would one perform a memtest?. I don't know If I've ever done one before and I wouldn't know whare to start. I will let you know what the Guys find. Adela.

Back
Top Bottom