OK. Heres your second problem in a nutshell...
(I'm not sure what you've got already but it may not be needed) I will try and use noob terms for you aswell
1. Go to start menu - control panel - system - hardware tab - device manager and look under "network adapters" (if there is one) for "network cards" on each of your computers.
2. Buy network cards from staples/pc world, etc. (dont let the shop keeper fool you into buying something costing £100 you should be able to get them less than £20.
3. Install them with correct drivers.
4. Get hold of some "CAT5" cable, or network cable, (same thing).
5. plug it into the network cards.
6. go into control panel - system - network identification (or something similar) on each computer and make sure they are both joining a "workgroup" named "workgroup"
7. you have two choices here, (i use windows 2000 so it may be different for you but ill try)
go into "my computer" and right click the hard drive (C
, and click properties, go to the "sharing" tab and click share the drive or something similar.
8. Now... through "network neighborhood" the other computer should be able to access the hard drive in that computer. you can repeat for the other computer if necessary.
Urgh alot of typing... Hope that helps tell me if you have any problems/dont understand something.