computer connection problem

rcpack

Beta member
Hi, I am new to this forum and needed some help. I don't know if anyone can answer because this is the first time I have experienced this problem. Well, i did a disk cleanup yesterday and now i cannot connect to the internet. I checked my internet connections, under control panel, and for some reason all my connections were deleted from the folder. Does anyone have an idea to how this happened and how to fix it. I don't know how to get the connection back. Thanks.

P.S. I am using my friend's computer right now.

you may want to try system restore, start , all programs, accessiors, system tools, system restore, click a date before you did a disk clean, once its restored and if it works download ccleaner , google will help their, once thats done, run a scan on your computer and clean your registry all with ccleaner, and then try defraging your harddrive as it sounds as if your wanting to clean up a little, once its defragging it may take a few hours so do it when your away from the pc.

goodluck

If you're running XP, there's an option to the side that allows you to create a new connection. Give that a try. Just follow the steps given.

Try remaking the connection. Get the drivers for your internet adapter(whether it be a wifi adapter or ethernet adapter) you just have to go to the site of the manufacturer and find your internet adapter. If you dont know kind you have just right click my computer>properties, under the hardware tab click device manager.

Yeah, I am so stupid. I turned off the system restore and now i don't even have a point to start. I'm going to try the adapter thing. Also the new connection in the side, for some reason, doesn't really do anything. Thanks for the reply guys.

Back
Top Bottom