Computer can't detect second monitor

xFLuRRy

Baseband Member
I'm trying to connect a second monitor to my computer, I'm using an ATI Radeon HD 6850 Graphics card and i'm trying to connect a Dell monitor and a Sony monitor. The problem I've run into is that it doesn't think that one of the monitors is connected when i have them both connected. I've tried them both separately and the cords and monitors work just fine alone. I'm thinking maybe it's the other port in my graphics card not working? I've tried installing the drivers for the graphics card from the site and from the disc that came with my computer, Nothing is working, Please help.

have you tried one monitor in both ports?

If you mean having only one monitor plugged in and that one monitor is plugged into either slot, I just tried that, It worked on the top slot but not on the bottom slot. I used the same cord too. Does that mean the bottom port is messed up? Or is it just like disabled by default and you can enable it somehow?

I have two ports on my card, and I can plug into ether one with no problems, thou I have Nvidia. ATI may have to be enabled, I'm not sure.
Go into your ATI display properties and see if you can find something for multiple monitors. (You've probably done this already)
If there is going to be a way to turn a port off or on, it should be in there.

Other than that, it's possible there is something wrong.

I have two ports on my card, and I can plug into ether one with no problems, thou I have Nvidia. ATI may have to be enabled, I'm not sure.
Go into your ATI display properties and see if you can find something for multiple monitors. (You've probably done this already)
If there is going to be a way to turn a port off or on, it should be in there.

Other than that, it's possible there is something wrong.
I looked around and i couldn't find anything.

Occasionally, I've had to go into the part of the control pannel where I adjust the screen resolution to enable the monitor. This will change depending on what version of windows you are using.

Occasionally, I've had to go into the part of the control pannel where I adjust the screen resolution to enable the monitor. This will change depending on what version of windows you are using.

I've tried that, It didn't think i had it connected.

Back
Top Bottom