Computer-building HELP!!!

iSleek

Solid State Member
Hello, name's alex.. new to the forum.. and basically the reason why i registered is because i am having trouble with my new computer i just finished building.
I have two video cards, no onboard video card, well here's the specs:

Socket 478 motherboard with P4 1.7mhz (with fan)
2 DIMMS, 1gig total..
an ATA 100 hard drive, brand new, 60 gigs..
ATI Radeon 9600 SE, 128 MB
ATI Radeon (i forgot the brand but it's old.. like 4 mb)
another SATA hard drive, used, 80 gigs..
dvd burner, and a cd burner..
and a lot of usb ports...

I put it all together today.. following my "A+ Hardware" book.. which i've done before.. and everything seems fine.. the power cords are plugged, and everything seems to work..
But when i turn on the computer, here's what happens: no video image. After a few seconds, the computer beeps TWICE..
Can you guys help me with this issue? No video, 2 beeps.. what's wrong??? One of my conclusions was that MAYBE the cpu doesn't work?

Thanks in advance,

Sleek

well everything's plugged in correctly.. i just wanna know what could it be with the symptoms i described..

how..? (resEt..) i can't see anything on the screen.. i can't access any information on the cmos or anything.. how can i do this?
thanks again..

well.. the video is fixed now.. everything's plugged in correctly, but i put the option to stop when ever an error occurs during POST, and it says it has an error with the dvd-rw drive.. but it still works.. then it says i dont have the "patch" for the isntalled cpu.. >.<.. i went to the fujitsu manual cd i have and installed the bios flash to a floppy.. but when ever i put it, it just hangs up where it says "loading ms-dos".. and nothing happens....... also i tried installing windows and it hangs up when it's installing devices.. i found a solution for this kinda, quitting the svhost.exe by pressing SHIFT+f10, but it still hangs a little after that.. can you guys help me? everything's brand new!!!!!!!!! thanks a lot again

ps: also i can't run a DOS STARTUP DISK!?!?! it just hangs up too.. and the hd is brand new!!! could it also be the "processor patch" or whatever it's called?

Back
Top Bottom