(for computer builders) What's the best computer you've ever built?

wonderboy1953

In Runtime
It's pointless to ask about the perfect computer because as soon as it's built, it becomes obsolete in 5 to 10 years.

The title inquiry makes more sense to find out just what makes a computer really tick.

It's pointless to ask about the perfect computer because as soon as it's built, it becomes obsolete in 5 to 10 years.

The title inquiry makes more sense to find out just what makes a computer really tick.

This is false. Computers are obsolete the moment you turn it on. But on the flip side, you can choose when a computer becomes obsolete. When it no longer does for you what you designed (or bought it for) it to do.

I have computers that are 10 years old, but they still perform the task that I set out to do with them. I have computers that are less than 2 weeks old and they do everything I wanted and more.

Computer experience is relative to the user and their expectations. Don't let anyone fool you into thinking that computers are obsolete unless you are ready to say the same thing about it.

As for your second sentence, I'm not sure I follow. What's your real question...?

The only one I've built was an AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000, 4gb ram, 500 gb hard drive, XFX 7600GT, Asus motherboard. Probably about 4 or 5 years ago, at the time it was one of the fastest AMD processors you could get.

Back
Top Bottom