Computer Build questions *new guy*

2nsane

Solid State Member
Hey my name is Dan

I am new to the forums and have a couple questions about a build I just put a order in for with cyberpowerpc
here is a list of the set up I ordered.
CASE: Apevia X-Jupiter Full Tower Gaming Server w/ Temp Display and Fan Control 420 Watt Power

CS_FAN: Default case fans

CPU: (Quad-Core)Intel® Core™ 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4GHz 1066FSB 8MB L2 Cache 64-bit

CD: LG 20X Double Layer DVD+-RW Super Allwrite + Lightscribe Technology

CD2: 16X DVD ROM

CABLE: Round Cable Upgrade

FLASHMEDIA: INTERNAL 12in1 Flash Media Reader/Writer (BLACK COLOR)

FAN: Vigor Gaming Monsoon II Lite CLT-M2LI LGA775 CPU Air Conditioner Cooling System

HDD: Single Hard Drive (320GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD)

MOTHERBOARD: (3-Way SLI & QX9650 Support) EVGA nForce 780i SLI Mainboard FSB1333 DDR2 3 x PCIe x16 SATA RAID w/ USB2.0,IEEE1394,&7.1Audio

MEMORY: OCZ ReaperX HPC 4GB(2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1000 (PC2 8000) Dual Channel

OS: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium w/ Service Pack 1 (64-bit Edition

POWERSUPPLY: Thermaltake ToughPower 750W - Quad SLI Ready

USB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports

VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT 512MB 16X PCI Express [+165] (EVGA Powered by NVIDIA

is this setup OK for starters, I didnt want to buy a set up and have to turn around and upgrade everything in the first year, my plan is to eventually upgrade to TWO 8800GT cards and then when the price drops head over to THREE 8800GTX cards and run 3way sli, that is a year or two away,
is the memory I chose going to be OK? and what about my motherboard?
I hope I did ok for my first built to order computer,

V/r,

Dan.:D

why not just get a 9series card when they come out. probably spend just as much and be almost better then SLI. 9800 is out soon and it will own, worth the money.

hey is cyberpower a good rep website? hows the shipping and how long does it take and how about their service?? im asking because my friend is looking to buy a build of his own... please let me know when you get it :D

If you search around a bit, some people have complained about cyberpower. I almost bought mine from ibuypower.com but decided to build my own.

If you feel up to it, you can put the parts together yourself. It's really not as hard as it sounds, here's a guide: http://www.buildyourown.org.uk/
Also, you haven't said what the PC is for yet, we may be able to help you find some more suitable parts.

I have allready paid for it and it is shipping out to me on the 25th. Total cost was $1503.00 Free shipping. the reason I opted out of 2 8800GT cards was because the 9800 series is on its way, and before I spend the extra $$$ on that card I will wait for some reviews, Hopefully I will be able to run the 9800 series in (3 way sli).

as for build quality, the reason I went with them was due to two of my coworkers buying from them in the last two months and both computers have been flawless. i origanly was looking at ibuypower also, but their reviews have been uttter crap, wear cyberpowerpc's have been pretty decient.

Back
Top Bottom