Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-22-2004, 11:47 PM   #21
Daemon Poster
 
TibsBeatAll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 790
Default Re: Computer Build

now now boys, settle down.

well are u sure that u want an ATI card?? cause there are nvidia's out there at the moment that will kick the ATi's around. Think twice about that decision.


I would keep airiox's stuff, besides the main stuff. lol.

but that would be going against ur decision of intel and ATi.

but here goes anyway, just to attempt a sway on ur decision.

cpu: amd 64 3000+ oc this mofo to 3200+. 180$
memory: geil value 1024 176$
Vid Card: Evga Limited Edition 6800. 325$.
This card is whicked sick. It is basically a 6800 ultra that failed the test. It's core speeds are only 325 and it only has 12 pipelines. But it has 1.6 ns DDr 3 memory. 1.6ns !!!!! and of everyone i know who bought this card, 8/10 people have unlocked their pipes and shaders. This card is a ATi killer. the one and only baby.

but if ur set on intel and ati, airiox's setup will do nicely.

edit: even if u don't want to get the amd, please get the card i mentioned. I'm not even being pro-nvidia here, this card is definitely worth every penny that you spend on it. It would be a sad waste if u went with the x800 pro. Listen to a pleading man. Or you can buy it, convince urself that u somehow rahter have a x800 pro and then sell the card to me. yay!!!
__________________

__________________
Athlon 64 3800+ @ 2.8 ghz.
Leadtek 6800 350/700 PCI express, different from before.
80 gig Samsung HD SATA x 2
1024 Kingston Hyperx Ram
TibsBeatAll is offline  
Old 10-23-2004, 12:30 AM   #22
BSOD
 
Giancarlo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,788
Send a message via AIM to Giancarlo
Default Re: Computer Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by airiox
How about you take this to the proper thread.

Both companies make good processors. AMD is king in Games. Intel is king in mobile. AMD and Intel both are about the same when it comes to servers.

Intel is now the cheaper company. AMD is now the faster company. Your opinion has to change with the times. Intel was king before 64 but now is just looking in from the sidelines.
AMD is not the cheaper company? Think again. The XP line is very affordable for mid-range performance based machines. The XP CPU certainly does not hold any performance crowns, but it holds the best bang for the buck crown (particularly the 2500 Barton). The 2500+ Barton which is good enough for anyone (and gamers too) costs $75. AMD holds both the crown for the best performance (with the Athlon 64), and crown for best price (AMD Athlon XP and Barton).

BTW, yes Nvidia is better then ATI. The FX5900 works like a charm. I wonder how fast the 6800 is.. heheheheh. The X800 has very poor performance for games and general applications if you do comparsions. It was even said that my card which is a previous generation (upper-middle range card) meets the performance of the X800 in many respects. Don't get the X800. Waste of money. Get the 6800, or if you don't need all the extras and heavier price tag, go with the previous generation FX series.

And BTW, I'd recommend BFG for video cards. You have a lifetime warranty and some of the nicest customer service I ever dealt with. I'm very satsified with BFG. They also gear heavily towards gamers.
__________________

Giancarlo is offline  
Old 10-23-2004, 12:43 AM   #23
Fully Optimized
 
airiox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,692
Default Re: Computer Build

You allways have to argue. XP is outdated and every AMD 64 CPU is more expensive than its same speed p4.

Last I will argue with you about that cuz its the truth.

Just got my X800 pro today. AND!!! it beats out the 6800 nu any day of the week. ALSO IT RENDERS BETTER. Thats undeniable. Nvidia has had rendering issues for 6 months or so now. AND THATS A FACT.
__________________
Check out my Counter Strike:Source servers:
***THE DYNASTY***: 74.52.232.130:27015
*** GUNGAME ***: 74.52.232.131:27015
*** SOCCER ***: 74.52.232.133:27015
airiox is offline  
Old 10-23-2004, 03:24 AM   #24
Daemon Poster
 
soccerfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 581
Send a message via MSN to soccerfan
Default nvidia

ariox every one says that nvidia beats radeon
soccerfan is offline  
Old 10-23-2004, 04:07 AM   #25
BSOD
 
Giancarlo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,788
Send a message via AIM to Giancarlo
Default Re: Computer Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by airiox
You allways have to argue. XP is outdated and every AMD 64 CPU is more expensive than its same speed p4.

Last I will argue with you about that cuz its the truth.

Just got my X800 pro today. AND!!! it beats out the 6800 nu any day of the week. ALSO IT RENDERS BETTER. Thats undeniable. Nvidia has had rendering issues for 6 months or so now. AND THATS A FACT.
No, again you're wrong. Truth? You couldn't even speak the damn truth.

No it doesn't beat the 6800 NU, get off the drugs.
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 10-23-2004, 04:18 AM   #26
Fully Optimized
 
airiox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,692
Default Re: Computer Build

well gee if you have both a 6800nu and a x800pro right here in you hands then back off. Yes a NU beats a x800pro in low quality tests. But in high quality the NU gets destroyed.

You just like to argue for arguments sake and everyone on these forums is getting sick of it.
__________________
Check out my Counter Strike:Source servers:
***THE DYNASTY***: 74.52.232.130:27015
*** GUNGAME ***: 74.52.232.131:27015
*** SOCCER ***: 74.52.232.133:27015
airiox is offline  
Old 10-23-2004, 05:45 AM   #27
Guru
 
Lord Kalthorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Britain
Posts: 13,293
Send a message via MSN to Lord Kalthorn
Default Re: Computer Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo
Those links are crap.. I'm sorry.. but they are all pro-Intel garbage. WRONG WRONG WRONG. We all know the AMD 64 wipes the P4 off the map into hell.

The prescott sucks:

http://www.tomshardware.com/cpu/2004...escott-30.html

First, Prescott definitely does not represent monkey business, as it performs at the same level as the Northwood. In addition there is the unknown thing called SSE3, the use of which remains to be seen. That is a summary of Intel's Prescott processor in two sentences. However, is the Prescott a trendsetter?

In our opinion, the debut of a processor based on a cutting-edge process technology and architecture that only offers the same performance level as the predecessor is unanticipated. Despite 1 MB L2 cache and some optimizations, Prescott is slower than Northwood in roughly a third of our benchmarks. Software, like many 3D shooters and more serious applications like Lame, MS Movie Maker 2, Mathematica, Cinema 4D or even 3DStudio perform worse than before.

------------

Not only that, Intel actually cancelled a major chip project because of falling revenues. And additionally, those scores are just plain depressing. The Northwood is actually faster then the Prescott in so many respects.. that's just depressing.
If you think I was arguing for the Prescott you have read my post a little off - it was in the tests, yes, but so was the Intel 4 HT EE, so who's to say I wasn't talking about that. Point is of course - I was only looking for Intel and AMD Benchmarks to see which comes out best; and in almost all performance Tests, andmore than a third of the game tests even with HT, Intel wins - often outright.

That was my point - even the benchmarks you found there show that simple fact. The Intel is more powerful than the AMD offerings. Even with 200Mhz FSB apparently - which is wierd cause the EE has 800Mhz FSB.
__________________
A Knight is sworn to Honour. His heart knows only Virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His might upholds the Weak. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the Wicked.
Lord Kalthorn is offline  
Old 10-23-2004, 06:31 AM   #28
BSOD
 
Giancarlo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,788
Send a message via AIM to Giancarlo
Default Re: Computer Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by airiox
well gee if you have both a 6800nu and a x800pro right here in you hands then back off. Yes a NU beats a x800pro in low quality tests. But in high quality the NU gets destroyed.

You just like to argue for arguments sake and everyone on these forums is getting sick of it.
You need to learn how to read bench marks. You will see you're clearly wrong. And can you compare the proper generation with the proper generation of the other company. You can't cross compare... like you can't compare an ATI 9800 with a Geforce4.

LK:

Quote:
andmore than a third of the game tests even with HT, Intel wins - often outright.
No it doesn't. AMD wins totally in 90% of the tests. Again stop with the lying on this forum and the showing of the misleading benchmarks. You my friend are full of garbage. You are just lying to people on here and you are lying about the facts. The AMD 64 is faster then the P4. There is no way you can argue with me because that is solid fact. YOU CANNOT LIE TO PEOPLE WHO WANT TO KNOW THE FACTs. YOU CANNOT MISLEAD PEOPLE WITH YOUR DECEPTION.
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 10-23-2004, 08:04 AM   #29
Guru
 
Lord Kalthorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Britain
Posts: 13,293
Send a message via MSN to Lord Kalthorn
Default Re: Computer Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo
LK:

No it doesn't. AMD wins totally in 90% of the tests. Again stop with the lying on this forum and the showing of the misleading benchmarks. You my friend are full of garbage. You are just lying to people on here and you are lying about the facts. The AMD 64 is faster then the P4. There is no way you can argue with me because that is solid fact. YOU CANNOT LIE TO PEOPLE WHO WANT TO KNOW THE FACTs. YOU CANNOT MISLEAD PEOPLE WITH YOUR DECEPTION.
Lol; did you actually read your Benchmarks there? Do I really have to go through them with you... I'll do your benchmarks - to show I'm not finding one which says what I want:

Quake III Team Arena: Intel 256.6, AMD 270.9 - AMD by 14.9 fps
SPECviewperf (drv-09): Intel 42.04, AMD 42.93 - AMD by 0.79 fps
SPECviewperf (dx-08): Intel 88.87, AMD 86.1 - Intel by 2.77 fps
SPECviewperf (light-06): Intel 16.77, AMD 16.12 - Intel by 0.65 fps
SPECviewperf (proe-02): Intel 15.87, AMD 15.61 - Intel by 0.26 fps
SPECviewperf (ugs-03): Intel 25.74, AMD 24.65 - Intel by 1.09 fps
DirectX 8:
Wolfenstein Enemy Territory: Intel 165.2, AMD 160.5, Intel by 4.7 fps
Comanche 4 Demo: Intel 75.6, AMD 73.4, Intel by 2.2 fps
Unreal Tournament 2003: Intel, 279.9, AMD 287.7 - AMD by 7.8 fps
Splinter Cell: Intel 84.5, AMD 92 - AMD by 5.5 fps
DirectX 9:
3DMark03: Intel 6616, AMD 6555 - Intel by 61 points
X2 Rolling Demo: Intel 167.4, AMD 162.4 - Intel by 5 fps
AquaMark 3: Intel 115.2, AMD 119.3 - AMD by 4.1
Video Benchmarks:
Main Concept: Intel 154.2, AMD 176.9 - Intel by 20.7 seconds
Pinncale Studio 9: Intel 147.3, AMD 161.3 - Intel by 14 seconds
XMPEG and DivX: Intel 88, AMD 97 - Intel by 11 seconds
Windows Media :
Media Server Streaming: Intel 149, AMD 176 - Intel by 17 seconds
Movie Maker File kitesurfing.avi: Intel 101, AMD 136 - Intel by 35 seconds!
Audio Benchmarks:
Steuberg Nuendo: Intel 166, AMD 173 - Intel by 7 seconds
Lame MP3 Encoder: Intel 84, AMD 97 - Intel by 13 seconds
Application Benchmarks:
BAPCo SYSMark 2004 Overall: Intel 217, AMD 198 - Intel by 19 points
BAPCo SYSMark 2004 Internet Content Creation: Intel 231, AMD 209 - Intel by 22 points
BAPCo SYSMark 2004 Office Productivity: Intel 204, AMD 187 - Intel by 17 points
WinRAR Data Compression: Intel 251, AMD 219 - AMD by 32 seconds
Newtek Lightwave: Intel 120.5, AMD 122.4 - Intel by 1.9 seconds
Maxon Computer Cinema 4D: Intel 179, AMD 220 - Intel by 41 seconds!
3D Studio Max: Intel 90, AMD 103 - Intel by 13 seconds
Wolfram Research Mathematica: Intel 6.9, AMD 5.7 - AMD by 1.2 seconds
Synthetic Benchmarks:
PCMark 2004 Overall: Intel 5502, AMD 4524 - Intel by a massive 978 points!
PC Mark 2004 CPU Bench: Intel 5305, AMD 4210 - Intel by a whopping 1095 points!
SiSoft Sandra CPU Bench: Intel 7556 and 10527, AMD 7092 and 9817 - Intel by 464 and 710
SiSoft Sandra Multimedia Bench: Intel 36936 and 26074, AMD 21721 and 16452 - Intel by 15215 and 9622
SiSoft Sandra Memory Bench: Intel 5002 and 5007, AMD 5701 and 5637 - AMD by 699 and 630

Now I don't know about you - but on your chosen Benchmark Site and Set - Intel whipes the floor with AMD over practically all the Performance and Power marks; getting 16 out of 20; four of which were beaten with massive margins. Then, even in the 13 Gaming Tests - Intel beat AMD on 8 accounts!

Is that enough evidence for you? You can check the numbers if you want - they are exactly those shown on the Benchmarks on your link
__________________
A Knight is sworn to Honour. His heart knows only Virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His might upholds the Weak. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the Wicked.
Lord Kalthorn is offline  
Old 10-23-2004, 01:06 PM   #30
Daemon Poster
 
TibsBeatAll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 790
Default Re: Computer Build

ohhhhh.... SHOT DOWN.. lol. u guys gotta stop bitching at each other and just leave it at that, unless of course there is one of you out there that actually has both processors and can compare fairly.

oh and to airiox, of course ur bloody x800 pro beats a 6800 non-u. over 100 dollar difference. A fair comparison would be to compare it to a 6800 GT.

or even better. compare it to the evga limited edition one i mentioned before. Now we will see which card is better. and u had an XFX 6800?? I hear a LOT of complains about the xfx's. They just don't make them with quality parts.

oh by the way, how's the x800 pro performing compared to ur card. any benchies, tests, etc. i'm curious as to how much the x800 beats it.


and LK, airiox, or whoever the hell is moderating this, take the argument to another thread please, what you are arguing about has very little, or no relevance to what the thread starter wanted to know.

pc out mi chicos.
__________________

__________________
Athlon 64 3800+ @ 2.8 ghz.
Leadtek 6800 350/700 PCI express, different from before.
80 gig Samsung HD SATA x 2
1024 Kingston Hyperx Ram
TibsBeatAll is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0