Computer boot problems......

Meraxus

Beta member
I have had my compter about 6 months, I pieced it together myself. recently I moved to virginia. After i moved (about a month) my computer would freeze and the monitor would garble. I would have to reset my computer and it would start up fine so I would run a Virus scan nothing would come of it and the comp would run fine for awhile then it would do it again, at one time a message came up and said my Video Driver was interfering with microsoft windows, I had updated my drivers recently so I rolled back to the prior one and everything was good again. well about 2 days ago I was on the net and the comp froze, I reset and started it up again and it could not get past the starting windows screen without frezzing and garbling the screen, Well i opened up the case to check everything out, all looks fine when I plugged it back in it turns on but my screen goes into sleep mode and it doesn't boot at all, the HD light is still on just liek it is starting up, the PSU fans are running fine. Can anyone help me out on what to do? It is driving me crazy. Computers stats are:

P4/3.0 Gig Prescott CPU 800 MHZ FSB/1mb Cache\
ABIT IC7-G MAXII MOBO
1 Gig Corsair XMS DDR400 Memory
120 gig West Digital HD
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS
Plextor DVD/RW 712-A
Aspire X-Superalien Case w/500W PSU
Windows XP Professional

Thankyou in advance for any suggestions.

You mention that you moved; did something in your computer move? Was you computer well covered up from magnetism from other appliances that were probably moved together.
If you think you have a videocard problem; remove it completely and then re-install it. (If you can try it on another PC, you could maybe see if the problem is the videocard). Doesn't take much to scrap a component. ...During the moving process did the PC go from hot to cold; Is you PC in a room free of nearby magnetic fields like transformers etc. Sometimes just the fact that the PC was being rattled around may cause it to work erratically.

I took the computer apart last night. I made sure everything looked good and re-assembled it. I noticed my IDE cable to my Hard Drives was bent at one point and some of teh copper wiring was showing, not sure if that could be part of the cause but I know its not good so I replaced it. I started up the computer and it told me something was new and needed to be reconfigured, I think it was the CMOS. So i did that and reset the comp, it went through all the checks normally and started up just fine, I did a Virus scan and an Adware/spyware scan, it found 100 adware files and deleted them. Hopefully that takes care of it and I have no more problems. thankyou for your response zero4zero.

Back
Top Bottom