Computer acting weird

jade1

Solid State Member
I have two "small" problems occurring presently.
First is on my main computer.
It seems to have trouble either shutting down, or after entering my log in (using XP Home) loading up. The load up eventually comes on, after maybe 20+ seconds. BUT, the shut down does not occur at times, and I am forced to shut down via the on/off button.
Sometimes I need to shut down because either the IE has stopped working, or i have a few progs running on the right side of the toolbar. Sometimes the icons here will disappear, and I cannot access them, BUT the computer says they are still running.
I have McAfee internet security as well as Norton antivirus running.

Second problem though is slight.
I loaded a game Castle Wolfenstein, onto my son's comp (running XP home). Game loaded fine as per directions. BUT upon selecting play I get a dialogue box that comes on, running down how the program is accessing the comp, and then i get a fail message that it can't play.
This dialogue box's info is able to be cleared or saved, leaving me with ablank box if cleared. Other attempts prove to be the same. I even uninstalled and reinstalled.

Well the # one cause of computer slowdown, long winded shutdown & program freeze up are not just virus & trojan related issues.

The main reason is Spyware/Bots/ and Malware..
So have you got on your comp. spyware programs ? such as spybot search & destroy /adaware ect...

Check out this thread for some links >>>> Here

And here is a link to Microsoft , for the shutdown fix... hope that helps.

Back
Top Bottom